[Rhodes22-list] Another Computer Question

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sat Sep 10 23:59:59 EDT 2005

WiFi basically takes the signal you send across the wire, and converts it to a radio signal.

Air Port is basically like an old fashioned dial up modem, but using a cellular phone system instead of an old-fashioned phone line.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> salm at mn.rr.com 9/10/2005 8:52:21 PM >>>
I have a question too.  (Slim raising his hand.)

I expect to be traveling more in the near future and I figger I oughtta get
me one of them there whachacall laptops.  First of all, I'm strictly a Mac
guy.  But I don't know anything about Wi Fi or whatever it's called.  Or Air
Port.  Or is it easier to just plug in somewhere.

Can somebody explain this to me using small words?  What are my
options/limitations, costs, etc.?

Slim