[Rhodes22-list] Another Computer Question

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 15:09:18 EDT 2005

Slim,
The wireless world is fun stuff. You can look for open systems by turning  on
your computer and it will search for any available network. At home, we have
all the safety precautions turned on and use the encryption. In other words,
you  ain't connecting unless I want you to.
Most coffee house's will let you use their connection as long as you buy
their coffee. On a recent trip we stayed at my fathers condominium in Wisconsin
and tapped into a neighbors wireless connection which wasn't protected. We
never  did thank them properly......or rather at all. Encrypted sites generally
use a  string of either 14 or 26 letters and numbers for security. It would
take  someone a long time to figure out a 26 digit encryption code. Hardly worth
the  effort.
Firewall's will help to keep you unnoticed while connected to the  Internet.

Rummy