[Rhodes22-list] Another Computer Question

Gregg J. MacMillan gjm at macgra.com
Mon Sep 12 15:17:50 EDT 2005

     I think all the newish Macs come with firewalls if I'm not
     mistaken.

   Slim--

   They do come with "personal firewalls", but you have to make sure they
   are enabled.

   --Gregg

   This is from the Apple site:

   Personal Firewall

   All that spam on the Internet these days gets sent by "owned" boxes,
   usually Windows-based home computers. Cyber pirates scan for
   easy-to-compromise machines. Tiger's built-in personal firewall
   protects your computer from unauthorized access by monitoring all
   incoming network traffic. When you enable the personal firewall in Mac
   OS X, all inbound connections are denied except for those that you
   explicitly permit. And now with stealth mode, your Mac won't even
   acknowledge its existence to people scanning for machines to attack.

--

   M a c M i l l a n  G r a p h i c s

   1 . 8 0 0 . 7 7 1 . 3 1 7 1

   2002 Ford Circle, Milford, OH  45150