[Rhodes22-list] Elvis

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Sep 15 13:08:51 EDT 2005

Wow. I'm surprised your boat is in that good a shape!! My Coronado 35 is in Oak Harbor. It has a busted window in the aft cabin, most of the rubrail on the starboard side is gone, and it's got lots of "scrub" marks. Other than that, it's in pretty good shape. We too, were part of the luck bunch. I'd say about 60% of the boats that were at Oak Harbor are either sunk or total losses.

We still haven't gotten any word about what they're going to have us do - move to other marinas, move to the fixed docks, whatever. The fact that they're returning deposit checks tells me though, that we'll probably have to move soon. My boat's a project boat, and currently the steering mechanism is off (I was in the process of replacing the broken portion), so I'm hoping we can stay.

Just in case, do you know any other marinas in the area that have room? My guess is we'll have 2-4 weeks before we have to do anything. It'll be that long before they clean out the boats that are in the way of leaving.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com 9/15/2005 11:06:12 AM >>>
Yes, these pictures were from the lakefront in Slidell.  You may have seen the new pictures of I-10, broken into small chunks over the lake.  We are right at about that sppt.

Watchin CNN after the storm, I saw a quick photo of my previous marina in Mandeville.  It looks much better.