[Rhodes22-list] Oriental OK

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 15 17:43:47 EDT 2005

It appears Ophelia is now moving out and Oriental, NC has been spared major damage.    http://www.towndock.net/index.shtml  I hope Stan fares as well.  Ophelia is predicted to move NE out see sea, so GBI should be OK.

Saturday is the Oriental Cup Race and the weather promises to be wonderful.  I've decided to wait until next year to race Raven, and will crew again on Lawrence Miller's Tanzer 26.  New sails and bottom -- we're doomed <grin> !

Quite a contrast between Cat 1 Ophelia and Cat 4 Katrina!  God Bless all those helping others in NO.

PT