[Rhodes22-list] Why Rebuild New Orleans?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sat Sep 17 09:16:18 EDT 2005

Our very existence "fools with mother nature". Like Brad said in his little essay that I posted:

"Civilization is not normal.  It is a phenomenal pinnacle to which humanity claws its way by superhuman effort, and which it maintains at heroic cost."

That "heroic cost" comes in many forms, we've seen part of that cost recently.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> tnrhodey at hotmail.com 9/17/2005 7:30:03 AM >>>
Herb,

Remember, don't fool with Mother Nature. Maybe the governement should build
us all underground shelters equipped with life boats. :-)

Wally