[Rhodes22-list] Your Tax Dollars At Work

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 05:59:40 EDT 2005

Dear Rhodies,

Haven't had much time to solve the worlds problems (or
sail) - drove to Illinois this weekend to attend my
parents 60th wedding anniversary.  Driving up I-55 and
I-57 I counted hundreds, at least 200+, brand new RV's
of every size and quality headed to NOLA with FEMA
stickers on the side.  It would appear that FEMA has
bought out the inventory of every RV dealer and
manufacturer in the Midwest. Gee, I wonder where that
money is coming from?  I made my once every ten years
appearance at my parent's church Sunday, and was
amazed at the sum of the previous Sunday's collection
for Katrina victims given the size and meager means of
the congregation.  The race-baiters who are trying to
make political gains out of this tragedy should really
look hard into the soul of America.  I don't see it.
The real subtle racism here is a government program
that has spent 11 TRILLION dollars in the last forty
years and has only economically and psychologically
imprisoned millions into continued poverty. Contrary
to popular opinion, most of us who are a bit right of
Attilla the Hun are very aware of the poor, unlike
many who rediscover it every time the New Yorker does
a piece between ads for luxury goods. Why the left is
so obsessed with bashing W is beyond me.  Here's a guy
who can't say no to any spending program.  This NOLA
rebuilding program has all the earmarks of becoming
one of the largest spending boondoggles in US history.
 Hold on to your wallets!

Brad