[Rhodes22-list] P-Stuck On Stupid

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Sep 21 10:27:09 EDT 2005

Thanks, Brad,

Honore used the same phrase a week earlier, when he first rode into
town.  He's a black guy?

Before Honore used the phrase, it was being bandied about on the left
side of the political spectrum.  Under the headline "Nero Fiddles While
Rome Floods" was this picture of our President, purportedly taken on
August 31, 2005--still trying to track that one down--I think the date
is wrong, but it's possible--the hurricane hit the gulf coast on August
29, the President didn't return to the White House until Sept. 1.

And, for the record, General Honore said at a press conference on Sept.
1 that the governors of the Gulf States made an official request to the
Pentagon for assistance on August 26.  I believe the President was
standing beside General Honore at this time, but, again, I'm still
tracking this stuff down.

Bill Effros

PS -- I see we have entirely dropped labeling list email.  I am trying
to put a "P-" in front of politics and a "J-" in front of jokes.  There
just might be some people on the list who don't care to read all this stuff.