[Rhodes22-list] The Media, Mass Semi-Hysteria, and The Goodness of the Human Spirit (Political)

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 22:19:01 EDT 2005

Herb,

The outpouring of support for the victims has been
overwhelming.  I spoke with a co-worker last week that
told me about his wife, a public school teacher in the
Memphis public schools, (brave soul) and the number of
students they had absorbed and welcomed. Christian
Brothers High School, where my youngest son attended,
has taken in 25 students from NO and is providing
housing for the parents and free tuition for the boys.
 My parents church collected an amazing amount of
money given the size of the congregation and the
average means of its members.  The true soul of
America is showing but given little coverage in the
MSM.  On the other hand, the uncle of one of my oldest
son's fraternity brothers had his business looted in
Gulfport on top of his home destroyed.  I'm sure there
are thousands of stories like that.  Hopefully we
learned as a nation what I train pilots to think about
every day;  Fool with Mother Nature and she wins the
battle every time, jets are no match against severe
weather (or houses, levees, etc).  As one writer
observed, no one ever won a Pulitzer for writing about
"man's humanity to man".  We only hear the bad things.
 Don't ever forget that the primary reason for the
existence of the MSM is to sell soap.

Brad

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tporleans/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tporleans/archives/2005_09_26.html#082732