[Rhodes22-list] Political statement on the silence

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Thu Sep 29 17:03:00 EDT 2005

it is too bad some of us seem to feel less worthy having not come from New
York.  True, there are more smart New Yorkers than folks in some states -
but there are also more dumb New Yorkers than there are in some state - it
is a very populated area.  But they were smart enough (or dumb enough ) to
elect republican mayors and governors so how bad can New Yorkers be to have
even presidents like Dickey proclaim it would be a good thing if the country
could saw off the northeast and let it float away.   Even Jessie picks on
New Yorkers so what does that say for the lingering anti new yorker bias.
Hmmm, on second thought I like the idea of turning our collective birthplace
into an independent Island, particularly if it would drift South.

But it is often true that zealots do get their facts mixed up, like Tom
stating that his Texas prosecutor is picking on him because he is a
Republican when the score card shows that prosecutor has mostly gone after
Democrats.

So I end my sermon by borrowing Herb's line:  if in this now highly
homogenized country you still feel slightly inferior because you are not a
New Yorker, get over it.  No one will ever be able to tell these days.

stan/ec