[Rhodes22-list] Boom Room Update as of April 2nd

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 14:32:27 EDT 2006

Wally,

Good questions.  The posted photos have back and sides of tent-like ripstop fabric.  They are meant to shed rainwater, but I describe them as a dew barrier.  I agree with the importance of the awning.  If it is too long, fore and aft, it can become very cumbersome to set up.  Ask Slim.  The net result is that it isn't used.  The awning, of Sunbrella, is simply superb as a water barrier, and is one seven fabric components.  The SS frame is 6' long and can be extended forward.  With an extension further back, the back stay rigging gets in the way; and given the greater pitch (to the transom from the top) than a conventional tent side should be unnecessary.

Do you see the pitch to sides and stern?  Your email appreciated.  I will send more snaps later.

Art