[Rhodes22-list] Boat Insurance Question

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Tue Apr 4 13:51:25 EDT 2006

Mark, Looks like you are doing your homework. I didn't see if your boat has a trailer. If it does, make sure you subtract that out of the value placed on the boat. We have our insurance with Boat/US which does give us some towing coverage (but you can purchase that by just being a member). Boat/US also has over-the-road coverage for for mishaps while trailering (again all you need is to be a member to purchase that). It came in very handy when we burnt out a bearing on I-95 once. As far as the fuel spill coverage goes, technically, any fuel spill must be reported and can lead to hefty fines. You might want to make sure that you are covered. BTW, one of the nicest benefits of Boat/US coverage is their magazine "Seaworthy" about boating safety. Won't help if you can't get the coverage you need. Best of luck

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Ft. Washington, PA / Swan Creek, MD