[Rhodes22-list] Bimini rail attachments, old boats

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Apr 6 05:31:22 EDT 2006

Art,
     There were some boats that used rail attachments for the biminis.
Those rail attachments are no longer available.  You would have to
manufacture them your self, I have already asked and checked their
availability a couple years ago.
      Over the years, the bimini attachment places have varied.  Newer boats
come with fancy recessed attaching hardward.  When you have the bimini off
the boat, it pops down into the rail so you can sit.  All you have is a flat
ss plate.  For who ever askde what combings are, the atttaching part
recesses into the combings.
      Art, my wife thought that your design was good.

Dave,
      You said that you have an '86 Hull.  Look at Art's pictures.  His is
so old that he has square portlites.
I have an '84 hull.  I know that I am at least the second owner, probably
there were more.  From where the hardware is located and the totol number of
cam cleats, I suspect that my boat was originally a standard mast boat.  You
do not need so many cleats with the IMF, even if you fly a kite.
      For all you guys getting boats, make sure that Stan includes a
spinnaker bail on top of the mast.  Then you add a block anytime and fly a
kite.  It is a small ss ring that cost less than $15.00 from Dwyer.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA