[Rhodes22-list] Bob M note that Bill E's follows his own agenda

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Apr 9 06:34:53 EDT 2006

Bill,
     I did not volunteer nor am I the official greeter.   If you want such a
position then you fill it, and not by slight of hand.

Bob M,
     Bill E's style of is of generalities with few specifics or
informational references.  He is a professional writter or journalist
perfectly capable of offering detailed analysis.  That is specifics
illustrated with factual references that can be verified.   As a practical
matter he could expound information on the differences between the R22 and a
MacGregor with eloquence if the mood struck him.  You might invite Bill to
bring his boat to you and sail the Delaware.
     Thank you for stating your budget.  It helps put things into
perspective.  There are a few on this list who paid a lot less for a
reasonable Rhodes 22.  However, the reality is that does not occur very
often nor with predictability.   The costs of recycling boats has jumped in
the last few years.  I doubt that Stan can recycle a decent boat for less
than $20,000.   The materials to do so have increased in price.
      You may want to vary your stategy.   Ask Stan if he has any hulls
available for recycle and what he estimates they would cost.  Then sit back
for about one hour and commit to the one that interests you most.  Yes you
will have to extend yourself a little, but life is too short not sail your
own boat.
       If you get a lesser boat, you will have a lesser experience.
        Cowpens is about 25 miles from Greenville, less than an hours drive
to Rummy, see:  http://www.portmanmarina.com/marina.htm ,about 70 miles to
Big Water where my boat resides:
http://familyoutdoors.com/pages/bigwater.htm
         And do tell us, where in New Hampshire is there a lake big enough
for a Pearson 26?  We have a list member who would be interested in that
lake.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA