[Rhodes22-list] Peter - Tiller extension holder

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Apr 11 12:41:40 EDT 2006

Luis,

I use a dock line. I put the end of the dock line with the loop, on top
of the tiller, at a point perpendicular to the stern cleats. I then take
the bitter end of the dock line, and thread it through the loop. This
secures the dock line to the tiller. I then secure the dock line to the
port cleat, bring it back to the tiller, loop it once around the tiller,
and secure the dock line to the starboard cleat.

The Tiller will stay exactly where you put it. It does not have to be
centered. I use this as a Tiller tamer when the seas are too rough for
my rear clamp. Even if your rudder falls off the boat (yup, it's
happened) the dock line will keep you from losing it.

Bill Effros