[Rhodes22-list] We're In the Water!

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Apr 14 19:59:25 EDT 2006

Steve thescubatank at cox.net wrote:
> Do you know anything about the washington
> marina on the DC side that is around 6th st
> on the Potomac?  I believe it is only about
> 1.5 miles from the national mall.

I used to sail out of the Washington Sailing Marina.
I found the Anacostia to be polluted, greasy, and
full of dead fish.  The dead fish hosted maggots
which developed into the nastiest, hungriest
green-head flies that you can imagine.

I often launched from the Fort Washington Marina,
which is on some residential roads about 5 miles
south of beltway exit 3 in route 210 "Indian Head
Highway".

It was not too expensive, had a nice ramp and a good
restaurant for an after-sail dinner.  It had fairly
clean water and few flies -- and opend into a nice wide
and interesting part of the Potomac.

You might want to check it out.

/Robert Skinner