[Rhodes22-list] SPLASHED!

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Apr 14 23:26:43 EDT 2006

Fandango's wet!  We picked it up from the indoor storage and the boat was as
clean as a whistle.  The launch went smoothly and the motor started on the
first pull!  We motored to the dock and raised the mast on the water.  Even
though floating is not as stable as being on the trailer, we think it's
easier to rig the boat at the dock because you can step on and off easier
than climbing up and down the ladder.

We also picked up and installed our newly refurbished genny.  We added a
luff pad but I'm not sure he did it right.  Have to check more on that. I've
never actually looked at one before so I'm not sure what it's supposed to
look like.

It was a warm, sunny and breezy day but by the time we were rigged, the wind
died so we didn't get to sail.  Hopefully tomorrow.

It truly was a good Friday--let the games begin!

Slim

P.S. Mary, we're on Cooks Bay on the west end of Lake Minnetonka.