[Rhodes22-list] Beer Overboard

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Apr 16 20:16:23 EDT 2006

Bill,

We never lost sight of the sucker until I was right on top of it.  I steered
so it would hit the hull on the starboard side of the bow knowing it would
float and skim along the hull.  At the time, I was going down wind and had
plenty way/steerage so it wasn't too hard to put the boat right where I
wanted.  I guess we were going about 3 or 4 and Mary Ann made a nice grab.
A fish net would have been nice but we don't fish and don't have one aboard.

As for her diving in the water, that would only be if she thought I was
unconscious.  If I'm still floating head up, she'd probably be able to start
the motor or I could swim to the boat or to the shore (on Lake Minnetonka
you're never more than a half mile from shore which could be swimable,
depending on the circumstance)  But as I said before, I don't float due to
low body fat (hence my nickname) and if I were knocked out, I'd certainly be
a gonner unless she dove in and saved me, albeit at her own peril.

Slim