[Rhodes22-list] ??? For Julie

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Mon Apr 17 20:55:49 EDT 2006

Ed,
Our launch instructions assume that the boat is on the trailer when the mast
is raised although it does not state that is the case - until this past
summer where a power line was in our way, we always raised the mast on land.
When you back the boat into the water, the cockpit will fill with water if
the plug is not in - so we would put it in to avoid this.

However, we've also learned that depending upon direction of sail and the
number of people on board, we have to put the plug in to avoid water coming
in when were under sail. If it is just the two of us, it is never a problem
but when we've had four people, we occassionally have to put the plug in. I
just haven't figured out the pattern as to when it is needed and when it is
not.

Julie