[Rhodes22-list] Plug for the Cockpit Drain

rjquinn at bellsouth.net rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 17 22:09:45 EDT 2006

It is basicly a weight issue.  If you have four "healthy" people toward the stern, plus a Yamaha 9.9, you will cause the cockpit drain to be below the water line which will permit a bit of water to seep into the cockpit.  If you move your crew forward toward the hatchway bulkheads, you generally will not have a water seeping into the cockpit through the drain.   Not a serious issue once you realize the cause.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"