[Rhodes22-list] Dave Lewis's Search

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 11:03:26 EDT 2006

Ed,

Thanks, here's the deal.  When we commissioned, Elton asked me to  bug him to
find a manual for the motor  when he got back  to Edenton.  He said he'd look
when he got back, but he was off to  Delaware, or some place, when we parted.
 I've posted that bug, we'll see  what he can find.

I don't think it's a new motor, but there is really no problem with it; it
started and ran very well.  The motor issue is prospective, suppose we  had to
pull start at some later date, do we have the stuff onboard to do  that?
Exactly how do we do it?  Etc.

We're going out to the marina tomorrow to see if the boat is still floating
(probably every new owners worst nightmare!) and I plan to do some  exploring
to see what else is aboard.  Maybe I'll find some motor  stuff.  If I can
figure out how to get the cowling off, I'll take a  look.  That was a great tip to
look in the cowling.

I understand your comment regarding a good manual starting engine, but we
went with the UPP and electric start for my wife.  Three to 5 years from  now
I'm not sure she will be handle swinging a motor in or out of the  water, and
pull starting.  If I'm there it wouldn't be a problem, but in a  MOB situation,
or if she wanted to go out without me, I think she'll need the  power assist.

Dave