[Rhodes22-list] Sailing suggestion.

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:58:39 EDT 2006

Dave, I am no phisasist (heck cant even spell it) but the position of the
ballest is not really the consideration when talking about hull speed.  The
reason the boat will pick up speed on when heeled on its lines is that
heeling increases the amount of wetted surface (more waterline).  The longer
the waterline the higher the hull speed.  I have found that 15-20 degrees is
about the best angle.  Bob