[Rhodes22-list] TO: Dave RE: New Rhodie

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 09:13:35 EDT 2006

Peter,
We have talked about lightning protection for the R22 for years. The  general
consensus is that there is no right or wrong way to protect the Rhodes.  I
don't know of any Rhodes owners that have lightning protection. Reason being
that we don't make a very good target. We don't have much metal in the keel and
the mast is step mounted, not keel mounted.
Since it is that time of year again, I'm sure someone will jump on this and
the discussion will start all over again. My policy is to stay as far away
from  lightning as I can. It scares the hell out of me, especially on a boat, any
 boat.

Rummy