[Rhodes22-list] project boat.R22

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Apr 22 22:30:14 EDT 2006

Hank,
      There have been several early rhodes continentals with bow ports.
What kind of I.D. # does your daughter have.  I feel like I have seen the
HJZ before.  Stan really made his money sueing imatators in the early years.
A couple of the contractors he used made a few extra boats to sell on the
side.  He has stories to tell.
       Who was it that said that they got a new Rhodes with cleats on each
side in the front?  From the pictures on eBay maybe they really got the
early version?  That boat has front cleats on each side instead of the later
single large cleat in the middle of the fore deck.
       The very first boats he made were called 'Sailmaster' and may have
been made in Whichita, Kansas or near there.   Missouri is the next state
over so maybe.  A couple of years ago there was a 'Sailmaster 22' on eBay
and Stan owned up to it.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA