[Rhodes22-list] Help

Alan Brown sugargroveumc at bright.net
Thu Apr 27 15:51:30 EDT 2006

All,
Tragedy has struck.
The other day we went out to the boat (stared on its trailer for the winter)
and after all the hard work I did last summer basically rebuilding this 1977
boat we found the it full of water. The water was up to the floorboards. The
rear hatch was full of water, and the floor that I put in last summer was
wet. Last summer I rebuilt the drainage system, sealed all the windows and
made sure everything was water tight.
So the only thing that I can figure is that through out the winter the rear
scuppers became clogged and the water over flowed into the rear hatch and
thus as the water collected it built up into the cabin and "there-in squats
the toad".
My question is what should I do other than get the water out?
And how much should I worry?
If I put my boat on the lake and then leave it to for a week or two will it
be full of water when I return?
Or should I just chuck it and auction it off on E-bay
Help
Alan