[Rhodes22-list] Wash., DC marinas

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 19:17:09 EDT 2006

Can't find the post for the folks looking for the
marinas on the VA  side of the Potomac near DC., but
here is info on marinas.

Just below the Wilson Bridge on the VA side is Belle
Haven Marina (www.saildc.com). Launching ramp, etc.
They did take a hit from Isabel but it appears that
everything is up & running.

You should clear the center span of the Wilson
handily. Our previous boat had a mast 55' from the
waterline; had to wait for an opening if we were to go
past the bridge.

Alexandria has a marina but no launch ramp on the
grounds.....not to say there is not something in the
area, but i would doubt it due  to the cost of real
estate there....they did at one time allow tying up at
the bulkhead to visit the shops (the Torpedo Factory
is fabulous)...The chart shows nothing. Alexandria
City info may be helpful.

A bit farther up the Potomac in Arlington is the
Washington Sailing Marina
(http://www.washingtonsailingmarina.com/), just below
Reagan Airport. If you'd like to be able to reach out
& almost touch an airliner before it lands, then these
are the places for you! Not sure about a ramp
here...ck the website or call.

Hope some of  this is useful.

Elle