[Rhodes22-list] E85 fuel

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 00:00:53 EDT 2006

Guys,

There may be problems with using ethanol, maybe not.  The point of the  WSJ
article is that a country, actually a developing 3rd world country, had and  is
using ethanol and has weaned themselves from imported oil through it's  use.
That real world experience should be  hard to rebut.   If Brazil can do it,
why can't we?  And there may be good reasons why the  Brazil experience is
unique - but I suspect not.  With a little  R&D maybe we could overcome whatever
problems were identified.  As  gas ramps through $3/gal, I just offer the
thought.  I'm open  to  other solutions, but clearly transportation fuels have been
an  unresolved problem for about 30 years.

Dave