[Rhodes22-list] E85 fuel

salm at mn.rr.com salm at mn.rr.com
Sat Apr 29 16:55:41 EDT 2006

Rummy and Dave,

There have been more than just one year of drought in Brazil.  It's been a
huge problem.  It also affects the country's
electical supply due to fact that their hydro-electric plants aren't
producing as much.  They have urged everyone to
conserve electricity.  By shutting off all unnecessary lights, TVs, etc.
they have cut the national use down by 30 or 40
percent!

At the pumps, they sell what they call "Alcol" and I don't know if that's
the Portuguese word for ethanol or methanol
or whatever, but it's very expensive--much more than what we pay here for
regular unleaded.

Slim