[Rhodes22-list] Swivel Lock on 9.9 Yamaha

Rory Orkin roryorkin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 08:15:19 EDT 2006

I have trouble keeping the swivel lock engaged under power on this engine.. I
have replaced all parts to no avail.. I am unsure about the proper
positioning of the roll pin when locked..The device operates simply by
engaging a vertical pin into  a y shaped piece of aluminum.. There are
several detents that hold whole the lever pin assembly in place in the motor
casting. It is supposed to be a breakaway connectionthat can tear up the
aluminum y.. What doesnt make sense to me is that the roll pin in the
turning mechanism seems to only sit on top of the aluminum y.. It would make
a more positive lock below . Do I need to adjust the aluminum piece higher
or is this how it is supposed to operate. Hope this is clear