[Rhodes22-list] Brad

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:53:07 EDT 2006

"Slicker than a chased greased hog"

Where I grew up we actually did such things at fundraisers.  If a non-farm
kid won the pig you had to pay someone to raise it or trade it for part of a
slaughtered hog.

The deer expression is "slicker than deer guts on a skinnin' knife".

You can also use "slicker than clean socks on a waxed floor!"

Here's a favorite I got from a student one time, "don't pee down my back and
tell me it's raining."

Brad