[Rhodes22-list] speaking of lightning,

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sun Aug 6 18:37:30 EDT 2006

stan wrote:
> ... we broke water at the ramp to launch our new 20 year
> old baby (who weighed in at 26'-7") to test the notion
> that newborns sail instinctively...

Stan, as my admiration of GBI and its offspring
does not go back 20 years, would you be so kind
as to bring me (and a hundred other newbies) up
to speed on your 20-year project boat?

> Under canvassed we flew through the water without leaving
> a wake (or sitting shiver), we turned on a dime (OK, would
> you believe a quarter) in either direction.  I could discern
> no slippage.  The performance was flawless as we sailed into
> the narrow harbor opening, made a sharp starboard move around
> the end of the breakwater pilings coming about into a wind
> from behind destined-smash-into-the-dock course, only to make
> a perfect turn for a gentle dockside landing.  I was going to
> have to build this dam boat...

OK, now you really have me hooked.  What is this
beauty who stirs you to rapturous declamation?
How can she sail if she is not built?  Is this a
purely Spitzer hull design?

/Robert