[Rhodes22-list] Elle and Surveyors..spilling the beans

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 14:02:14 EDT 2006

Ed, thanks for the reply....after a bit pf phone work,
I found what I was looking for...and then some....

the first guy I called (in New Bern) was as charming
as could be....until he found out that it was a 22'
boat....I guess he couldn't be bothered with a
'triflling' small boat....This may be the one that you
referenced, Ed. He had nothing good to say about the
R-22...about the only good thing he could say was that
it looked better in the slip than on the water
(oh...he never sailed one). His advice was to get a
J-22 & a strong friend.

i actually did find another one surveyor closer who
had done R-22'a previously....I will look for the one
you mentioned.

Why am I looking for a surveyor?

 B/US requires a survey to get a full value policy
boat policy...B/US's policy is half the quote of
another company's full value policy.

Why am I looking at boat insurance??

Here it comes.....

Because I BOUGHT A RECYCLED R-22 !!!!!!!!!!!!  It's
RED!  Sailed it on the Albemarle several weeks ago &
was hooked.

(Just a bit ahead of schedule!)

elle

http://www.nabble.com/Surveyors-tf2084454.html#a5747216