[Rhodes22-list] Elle and Surveyors..spilling the beans

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 16:04:06 EDT 2006

Hey, Bob,

"Watermusic' will be at home here on the lower Potomac
& tributaries. I'll bone up on my skills here & sail
on my days off & when I can quit my job(s) in two
years  & have the extended time I will then branch out
to cruising the Chesapeake.

I'd like to get her this season, but it has to be
soon, as the boat show etc are approaching & Stan &
Elton will be too busy...that brings up the....

Motor search...Hmmm. Gotta get one....I did stop by a
boat dealer today for a primer on outboards. I
understand 'way more now than I did: long shaft (25")
high thrust, elect start, remote control to mount on
the binnacle.

Here is a question for the list...Help, all....

What size? I am so totally out of my element....Do I
need a 9.9? Can I go with an 8 ? I do like the bit of
extra power if I have to get in quickly...Is the
difference appreciable?

I will look for an older year model as there should be
some savings.....

I am looking at Yamaha.

elle