[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Bad Reputation???

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 22:22:21 EDT 2006

Elle,
Besides Ed and Bill, Bob Keller and myself all have 8hp Tohatsu's and none
of us have ever had a problem. CDI (Electronic) ignition is the key. The two
strokes will eventually be fazed out everywhere, but for now you can't beat
their reliability. Change the foot oil once a year and change the plugs and your
 good to go. The 8hp weighs a whopping 52 pounds without the electric start.
With  the electric start it comes in at 60 pounds I don't have the electric
start and  my wife can easily start the motor when I've had to much to drink.

Rummy