[Rhodes22-list] 2-cycles still made?

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Aug 11 09:28:24 EDT 2006

Rummy,
It is misleading and disingenuous to make a banket statement to the uninformed that 4 cycles are not reliable.   ANY engine will be unreliable if it is not taken care of properly.  There are lots of web sites that contrast and compare the pros and cons of each type (check out smalloutboards..com).   Reliability is not one of them.  4 cycles do have more parts, put that does not make them less reliable.

You are correct on one point.  This subject has been debated to death, and like politics, opinions are strong and unwaivering on both sides.

Bill Wickman