[Rhodes22-list] rhReply to Mark P

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Aug 14 08:59:53 EDT 2006

Mark;

Congratulations!  You have found the exact source of the computer email
account name I use.  I knew you could. (from the book)

I never sign using the sending email account name but when I remember to
sign use Ed, Ed K or EK.. There is a difference in signing and recognizing
the sending account name.

Here is a special challenge for you, but it has nothing to do with sailing,
boats, or this list:

This has GOT to be one of the best illusion ever created. It is said to have
been created by Phillippe G.Schyns and Aude Oliva of the Univ. of Glasgow.

If you watch the images from your seat in front of the computer, Mr.

Angry is on the left, and Mrs. Calm is on the right.

Get up from your seat, and move back 12 feet, and PRESTO!!!  they switch
places!

Possible explanation:

It is a function of the eye/brain ability to blend and fill-in visual data -
which changes with distance.

It is also a function of eyesight, and if you have your glasses on. And it
is also a function of the screen resolution of your computer.

Different screen size and resolutions are equivalent to different focus and
distance perspectives.

This effect would also kick in differently for a 15 year and a 70 year-old's
eyes.

It also makes a difference if you are viewing a movie screen or an I-pod.

See picture as attachment:

Ed K