[Rhodes22-list] Questions galore

johnp jhnpldng at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 16:11:20 EDT 2006

Hope you don't mind but I want to get my boat ready for Labor day weekend
trip and just overall repairs. I live in central Florida (Disney) and will
be heading over to the west coast/ gulf area to possibly take a one mile
trip to Aclove Key State Park. Mother-in-law will be aboard and well she's

It will be the longest voyage to date even though the lake I normally sail
on is two miles across and five miles end to end and I've been all over it.
(gettin the picture)

Needless to say, I want to get this thing in tip top shape functionally and
could use all the help I can get. It's a 1970 with no furling. I recently
purchased a force 5 dinghy and got some ideas from it as to running rigging
to the cockpit but need some input from those of you that have done it with
an older Rhodes22. So I will be posting a ton of questions but will be
somewhat seperating them by subject so it doesn't become too much of a
subject matter mess. Thanks in advance for all you're help.

BTW: The lake I sail on is connected to three other lakes by canals. Quite a
bit of interlake travel on Independence Day weekend. You should have seen
the dropped jaws as My Wife and I and our two Toddlers motored to the next
lake to enjoy the fireworks.