[Rhodes22-list] rudder construction

johnp jhnpldng at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 16:12:12 EDT 2006

The rudder on my 1970 is bronze on the lower end and three layers of plywood
on the top end. It was broken on the top end when I bought it so I made a
new (temporary) one, but couldn't get the right thickness of plywood at the
time. I'm ready to do it right now but wanted to be sure that it's actually
supposed to be plywood in the first place.  Advice and pics will be helpful
as I beleive this boat has been worked on without adhering to original
design. A nice side view and a close up of the top end and/or a real good
description would be great.