[Rhodes22-list] Winter Cover - Harbor Freight tarp

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Aug 14 20:42:25 EDT 2006

Elle,

I cover it on the trailer with the mast laid bow to stern.  The tarp that I
use is large enough to reach under the trailer on both sides and closes in
around the motor and rudder on the stern.  I use a "drawstring" approach in
the stern and at the bow while a few lines through the grommets under the
trailer connect the sides.  The large tarp wraps up the entire R22 very
nicely.  My only problem was one year some animals found it a great place to
winter over!

You want to avoid water intrusion related damage (read delamination) you
must prevent water and ice from entering the boat.  It always surprised me
how small a leak around a deck fitting was needed to cause
freeze-thaw-freeze cycle damage.

Mike

From: "L. Sailor" <watermusic38 at yahoo.com>