[Rhodes22-list] Re: Satellite dish weatehrizing

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Aug 16 10:53:54 EDT 2006

At 06:00 PM 8/15/2006 -0700, L. Sailor wrote:
>Heck...I have to thread my way along the bulkhead to
>the satellite dish when it snows to brush the snow off
>the receiver....Does anyone ELSE have this problem???
>No kidding...the snow builds up & blocks reception...

Elle, there are two potential solutions to this problem.  You can add
a cover, which allows signal to pass through, but won't allow snow
and ice to build up.  Or, you can add a dish heater - which uses
power but has a thermostat, so it's not on all the time.  Here are
some links to start with -

http://www.satcover.com/

http://satellitemart.com/xcarts/product.php?productid=16226&cat=270&page=1

You can find more products by searching around for "satellite dish
cover" or "satellite dish heater".

Cheers!

John

"Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people is mentally ill. Check three
friends. If they're OK, you're it."