[Rhodes22-list] Rudders

johnp jhnpldng at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 16 19:48:11 EDT 2006

Hi Barbara, I'm in Central FL - North Orlando. I just saw some pics on
rhodes.com that make me think I do have an original rudder. Mine's a 1970
and the blade is bronze. The upper part on mine was/is plywood and I don't
have an answer yet as to whether that's what they were made of originally
but it's the same shape above water as any other I've found pics of. My boat
is in a slip on Lake Eustis and you're welcome to take a look at it. I would
also like to take a look at yours if possible, since we don't know what may
have been changed on them in the last 30 plus years and mine's been worked
on. Here's a link to the GB page that has some pics.
http://www.rhodes22.com/used_rhodes.html
http://www.rhodes22.com/used_rhodes.html  I'm also attaching the only pic I
have of my rudder but it's only partial. I'll send some better ones next
chance I get.