[Rhodes22-list] Rudders-loss overboard

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Thu Aug 17 15:03:50 EDT 2006

think I better throw in my two gudgeons worth here so no new owners or
buyers get the wrong idea.   Today's pintles are stainless steel tubing that
fit in-between double (U shaped) gudgeons.  No way anyone can lift the
pintles out of the gudgeons without taking the transom along.  The rudder
assembly comes off (should you ever want to do that) by fastly pulling two
fast pins - horizontally.

Bill  (Wickman)  had this system on his last brave adventure that the "List"
is awaiting the proofs on.

stan/gbi