[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 on eBay

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Aug 31 10:47:54 EDT 2006

At 05:24 PM 8/30/2006 -0700, Tootle wrote:
>        John, I doubt that the expense of hauling the boat to middle Georgia
>would be that outlandish if you did it yourself.  If you are any good at
>rebuilding, next year this time you could be sailing.  A new tiller is a
>doable thing.  If you do not want to do the work of cleaning and fixing,
>then you need to pay Stan for already done boat.
>         As to the milddew and stains, fixable.  Current bid of $405 plus
>$119 ='s $524, reasonable.  What will selling price be?

You're right, it would probably be a good project boat.  But, since
this whole sailing venture is new to me (and I'm the impatient sort),
I don't really want to live on a beautiful lake with an empty dock
for a year or more while I toil away gutting the innards and rebuilding.

If I already had a boat, yep... then I might be figuring out how to
get it down here.

Buying a recycled Rhodes 22 from GB is a viable option, either that
or finding a decent used boat that I can haul to Georgia.  Once life
settles down a little and I see how the finances shake out, I'll be
making a trip to Edenton. :-)

Cheers!

John

"I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better."