[Rhodes22-list] On Second Try, Intrepid Agrees to Leave Dock

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Dec 5 15:17:53 EST 2006

She hasn't moved in 24 years so she probably hasn't been painted in those 24
years either.  My guess is that she has added MANY FEET of bottom growth
that must now be removed.  Paint removal is not the problem!

I was once told that the navy experimented with charging the hull with
respect to the water to prevent marine growth, rather than apply bottom
paint.  Does anyone know if this was actually true and, if so, did it work?

Mike

From: "john Belanger" <jhnblngr at yahoo.com> Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:41
PM
wonder what kind of  bottom paint they use on her bottom?

"Michael D. Weisner" <mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:  The Intrepid is no longer
stuck in the mud:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/05/nyregion/06intrepidcnd.html?hp&ex=1165381200&en=00928e0a6bcd64c3&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real
people who know.