[Rhodes22-list] RE: Bilge Water and A "racing" Rhodes (and a questioon fo...

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Dec 6 13:45:18 EST 2006

Bob,
Ah, you must be talking about the home of Mt. Gay rum. Sadly, I have never
had the opportunity to visit this meca, but should probably try to get there
before I die.
The epoxy that I used to do the repairs to the slot was a two part marine
grade epoxy in stick form that was purchased at a local hardware store. It
worked well to fill the voids and was such that I could shape it nearly perfect
to eliminate much sanding. Trying to do much sanding laying on your back in
cramped quarters is not my idea of fun. It seems to have held so far without any
 other reinforcing. I guess time will tell how it stands up to NORMAL use.

Rummy