[Rhodes22-list] Another rudder downhaul question

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Dec 9 22:43:00 EST 2006

Rory,

Clearly prop fouling with a slack line would be a function of how much  slack
there is in the line.  There can be slack in our line when  the rudder is
pulled down, but not nearly enough to get to the prop (I  think) - besides I snub
that line down when the rudder is pulled down so  that the line will not
float anywhere near the prop.  Our boat will be  hauled this Thurs and I'll
examine the downhaul arrangement then and get back to  you, my impression is that
the downhaul that runs inside your rudder stop runs  outside on ours, but I'll
check.

Did you ever resolve your leak issue?

Dave