[Rhodes22-list] Asking price is $985,000

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Dec 10 06:05:31 EST 2006

The price for this house valuation in this market is probably close to fair
market value.  It is a new house designed by Bob for retirement and
entertaining.  It has vaulted ceilings in the main reception living room wet
bar area.  It has master bedroom and guests bedrooms.  In real estate
language the grounds are estate type.  It has multi car garage and separate
work shop that a Rhodes 22 could fit into.  It is lake front sitting on a
point so has extensive lake frontage.  As Rummy described it has a nice boat
dock, formally for both a sailboat and a party barge (aka pontoon boat).  It
is an appropriate investment house as it value will appreciate over time.
Similar lake frontage to the north and west of Rummy sells for over $600,000
just for land. There are just so many points of land into any lake, no less
the second largest Corp of Engineers’ lake east of the Mississippi.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA

te author='R22RumRunner'>
Slim,

Saturday afternoon saw another R22 leave the hallowed waters of Lake
Hartwell. This was Bob and Julie Shucks boat which now belongs to Pete
Lauritzen  of
Boone North Carolina and soon to be Key Large, Florida. Pete is one  really
excited and I'm sure overwhelmed R22 owner. I know he will have a lot of
questions for the list members. He purchased the Shucks boat without ever
having
seen a Rhodes22 or this boat until he delivered the check to pick her up. He
took my word for it that this was a good clean boat. (I guess you can trust
drunk)
By the way, Bob Shuck has been accepted into an experimental drug program
through Duke University. Hopefully the drugs will put his disease into
remission. I drink with him frequently and he looks fine, but tires easily.
The
Shucks house was always a favorite destination on the lake. Two of their
sons  own
a brewery in Raleigh, NC, so there was always cold beer on hand.
They still have their house for sale on Lake Hartwell, so if anyone is
looking for a gorgeous house, with a two stall boat dock, just let me know
and
I'll send you the MLS number. Asking price is a mere $985,000.
Our Rhodes fleet has gone from a high of 8 to just 2 lonely boats.  Time to
sell a few boats for Stan.

Rummy