[Rhodes22-list] The Annual Christmas Party---True!

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 19:38:31 EST 2006

A friend of mine teaches band in W.VA....here is what
she sent me after I sent her the 'Annual Christmas
Party:'

elle

Our "Winter Concert" is Thursday.  We begin our
"Winter Break" on Dec.
23.
I have a student who isn't allowed to play Up on the
Housetop because
it's
about Santa Claus.  (No, they're Baptists.)  I got a
note from her
father
which said that they are a Christian family, and that
she isn't
permitted to
play Santa Claus songs, Easter Bunny songs, or songs
about St. Patrick.
(Beats me.  Wasn't St. Patrick a Christian??)   Of
course, he's the one
who
kicked up a fuss a couple of years ago when he walked
into the office
on
Halloween and the secretary was wearing skeleton
earrings.  He's just
kind
of a nut case.  I mean, they know 7 notes; it's not
like you have some
huge
selection of songs you can play.  Once you get past
Jolly Old St.
Nicholas,
Jingle Bells, and Up on the Housetop, you've pretty
much exhausted
their
holiday repertoire.