[Rhodes22-list] Finding a hull-deck joint leak

Claude Cox cccox at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 15 23:09:15 EST 2006

Hi Everyone;

I went out for a sail this afternoon.  About an hour into the fun, I happened to look below and saw about 2" of water in the salon.  Not knowing where the water was coming from, I furled the sails and headed to the dock.  On the way in, it did not appear that the water was getting any deeper in the salon.  I remembered that I had buried the starboard rail two or three times, and suspect that I have a problem with a leak at the hull-deck joint.  How can I determine for sure that I have such a leak?

Claude

Claude Cox
cccox at mindspring.com
EarthLink Revolves Around You.