[Rhodes22-list] Tennessee Lakes

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 22:07:20 EST 2006

Art,
  it is a pretty friendly sailboat neighborhood.   The general rate is
~$10/ft, but it's best to know someone who has a dock.
I pay $150/mo and keep my boat on a well protected dock at a guy's house
who has four boats of his own ('39 Nicholson,
'40 unknown up on stands in his driveway, a 16' sailboat, and a '23
Proline power boat.)  I know of one gal who said I could
keep my boat at her dock for free ... you can always find someone
willing to negotiate on dock space.  When I started out
I simply went knocking on doors of the folks who's dock I liked.  Note,
there are a dozen or so boats who anchor near one
of the causeways. They are unprotected, but it is free. I have sailed
over in the Bradenton area, though we seem to have less
power boat traffic over here in Melbourne.  Give me a shout if you are
ever in the neighborhood.

-Bud